Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Simple Tribute

That's my dad in the bucket, courtesy of his older brother and sister, Louie and Bertha.



He was nine years old in this photograph (the cute blonde kid in the center):




Thirty-five in this photograph, before he met my mother:




This is one of my favorites, early days on the ranch in his Robert Redford persona:




Many, many years later he came to live with us. Three generations posed for a photo:




"You can plan for life, but you can't outsmart it." 


Dad, that old cliche of yours I repeat many times. The older I get, the truer it becomes.


I wish I had listened to you more, and spoke back a lot less.


But mostly I wish we could see just one more ball game together. 




Happy Fathers' Day, Dad!




We still miss you.


Mike





4 comments:

Frank said...

Thanks for the memories, cousin.

Unknown said...

Excellent tribute to a great man, and it never ceases to amaze me the wisdom that he left behind.

Peevish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peevish said...

Don't get paranoid, I just misspelled a word and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Hey, Michael, we sent Matt's graduation announcement to the Maufrais address and it was returned. Did you move?