Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Return from Kannonzaki and the Unexpected Onlooker

Inbound from Kannonazki, the view across Tokyo Bay to Chiba:
















Greeting my favorite Jizo as I head back down Route 16, methinks Jizo is overdressed today, for it is cool and crisp, not windy or wet.








The (relatively) new Yokosuka Art Museum appears across Route 16.







A short bit further I come over the hill, pass the Keikyu Kannonzaki Resort Hotel and SPASSO Spa, then break upon a view that is clear all the way to Yokohama.









At the highest point I can see my entire return route to the Base, but I fail to notice the lady looking over the same scene.













Heading back along the bayside segment, I still don't see her. Perhaps I am looking too much at my feet.













I raise my gaze to the horizon and suddenly there she is:

Fuji-san!


Such an unexpected, beautiful sight. The splendor of this unusually clear winter day and the majesty of the mountain and the bay below it truly inspires. I am so fortunate to be alive and running. Light of heart as I complete my run, I tack on an extra mile to celebrate life and all it brings to us.

1 comment:

Ex-runner said...

This is such an inspiring post, Meekah, that I jogged across Route 16 this afternoon.