Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's All About the Tee Shirt





I'm writing from my Japanese style room in the New Sanno (yep, got one at the last minute), just about to bed down into my futon on the tatami mats. This will make an interesting study, being the first marathon eve when I've slumbered Japanese style. How will it affect performance?






I am ready to go. Bib number and timing chip are properly affixed. Garmin Forerunner and iPod fully charged. The latter is suitably programed with Podrunner mixes and a final hour's mix of Eagles, Abba, and Queen. If I've set it up right, I'll be crossing the finish line to "We Are the Champions!" Finally, after much debate and discussion with my fellow runners on what the weather will actually bring, I've decided on my attire for what should be a cool, breezy, and perhaps rainy day: shorts, long sleeved shirt, running vest, hat...and running shoes, of course.


I've eaten my Mediterranean pasta dinner and consumed my proper amount of water. Power bars and power gels are in place for the morrow. All is ready.


Have I ever mentioned how running a race is much like flying to me. I love the planning and preparation almost as much as the actual event. Judging from the crowd at the pre-race Expo today, the Japanese share the relish.

1 comment:

Peevish said...

I'll be there as soon as I decide which umbrella looks best with my outfit.